Whether you are watering your lawn, irrigating your vegetable garden, washing the car or giving your dog a shower, you’ll need the right hose attachment to make the job easier.
There are lots of models available nowadays, at a range of prices and of varying quality – so here are our top pick for best hose spray gun to help make your search easier.
The Best Hose Spray Gun
The Best Hose Spray Gun on UK Market 2021
1. Pathonor Garden Hose Spray Nozzle
This garden hose spray gun from Pathonor boasts eight different spray modes, making it a versatile option – it’s suitable for a whole range of uses.
We like the anti-slip handle that allows you to get a good grip on it, and the volume adjust knob lets you decide how much water you want to come out. Since it’s leak-free, it also helps you conserve water.
For a spray gun at this kind of price point, there’s very little to dislike about it. We might complain that some of the spray modes don’t work very well or are too similar to others – so you’ll probably find you won’t use them all.
Also, it seems a little ‘plasticky’, although for something this inexpensive, it’s perfectly acceptable, and it’s still a sturdy item.
Overall, a multifunction spray gun that performs well and that sells for a very reasonable price – and if those sounds like the kind of qualities you’re looking for, this could be an obvious choice.
- 8 spray patterns – for versatile functionality
- Volume adjust knob – allows you to control how much water comes out
- Anti-slip handle – easy to keep a grip
- Leak-free – helps you conserve water
- Great value for money – a nice piece of kit for what you pay
- Some spray modes less useful – and not so different from others
- A little ‘plasticky’ – although still relatively sturdy
2. ANSIO Expandable Garden Hose Spray Gun
If having lots of spray options is important to you, this gun could be a good pick – since it has no fewer than 9 water delivery modes. We also like the fact it has a volume limiter that’s designed to help conserve water so you only use what you need.
Another positive is the well-designed comfortable handle that makes it easy to use. The trigger also locks, so you don’t need to squeeze the whole time while you’re using it. We also appreciate the brass connectors that are solid and built to last.
One slight gripe is that of the nine spray modes, the ‘soak’ mode doesn’t work perfectly – although this is only one mode, and all of the others work fine. Also, the plastic it’s made of is a little brittle, so you need to avoid dropping it on hard surfaces.
Other than these minor negatives, this is a great piece of kit. It’s easy to use, does the job it was designed for and is suitable for a range of uses. It doesn’t cost too much, either, making it another possibility if you need an inexpensive yet reliable hose spray gun.
- Comfortable handle – easy to hold
- Water volume adjuster – to conserve water
- Built-in lock – so you don’t need to squeeze the whole time
- 9 spray modes – for a wide range of uses
- Brass connectors – made to last
- ‘Soak’ mode doesn’t always work perfectly – but the others are all fine
- Slightly brittle plastic – need to be careful not to drop it
3. The Official Xhose 8 Speed Spray Nozzle
Here’s another great option if you’re looking for a versatile hose spray gun for just about any garden watering jobs you can imagine. It has plenty of spray settings, allowing you to adjust it to the job at hand, and the lockable trigger also makes it more comfortable and convenient.
We like the way it’s so lightweight, something that also makes it easy to use, and its overall operation is also super-easy to understand, so anyone will be able to work with it. Furthermore, it sells at a very low price, making this option a real bargain.
It’s hard to find anything wrong with this spray gun, but if we have to find faults, we might say that we have some doubts over how long it will last. However, for such a low price, even if you get three years of use from it, that should still be acceptable for most people.
Also, sometimes you might find that it leaks a little, although not too much, so this shouldn’t be a deal-breaker.
In sum, a solid pick if you just want a simple spray gun that’s easy to use and gets the job done. It’s a highly affordable option and one that most people will be satisfied with, making it an option worth considering.
- Plenty of spray settings – makes it useful for many purposes
- Lockable trigger – keeps the water flowing
- Lightweight model – easy and comfortable to hold
- Simple to operate – anyone will be able to use it
- Great low price – very reasonable for a reliable hose spray gun
- Doubts about how long it will last – but a couple of years would be good enough
- Can leak slightly – although nothing too serious
4. Hozelock Ltd Spray Gun
When it comes to the world of hose spray guns, Hozelock is among the best-known brands – and buying from a famous company gives you a certain amount of peace of mind that comes with the brand’s reputation.
This hose gun features adjustable flow control and several different spray settings that are suitable for various applications. It’s easy to adjust, and it also boasts a soft rubber handle that makes it more comfortable to hold and use.
One small complaint we have is that it doesn’t have quite as many spray settings as some other options – although we’re sure that most people will be happy with the five settings this gun offers.
Also, since it’s made of plastic, this gun isn’t the highest-quality option – but for a budget-friendly spray gun that should last at least a couple of years, it does the job it’s made for.
All in all, this is an affordable spray gun that we like a lot. It will give you several spray options for all kinds of jobs, and for such a famous brand, the price is also extremely low – so for all these reasons, this is another option that should be on your radar.
- Famous brand – so you know you should be able to trust it
- Adjustable flow control – to help save water
- Soft rubber handle – gentle on your hands
- Easy to adjust – doesn’t take much strength to do
- Great low price – for such a well-known brand
- Only 5 spray modes – a few less than many other options
- Slightly inferior quality materials – need to treat it kindly
5. Hozelock Multi Plus Spray Gun
This is another hose spray gun from Hozelock, but this time, with a metal body for extra toughness and durability. Furthermore, this one boasts eight different spray modes, making it more versatile than the slightly cheaper model.
Since it has a comfortable ergonomic handle, it’s easy to hold, and it has a lockable trigger, so you don’t need to hold the trigger down the whole time to keep the water coming out. It’s also leak-free, so you don’t need to worry about wasting water.
However, you may find you have some trouble with the trigger since it can sometimes get jammed. Also, the flow control only locks in two possible positions, so you don’t have complete control over how much water is being delivered.
These minor issues notwithstanding, for a solid, quality spray gun from a well-known brand – and at such a low price point – this could still be a great option for anyone who needs something to help with a range of gardening watering jobs. Another recommended pick.
- Metal body – should last longer than a plastic one
- 8 spray patterns – a versatile spray gun
- Ergonomic handle – comfortable to hold
- Lockable trigger – so you don’t need to hold it down all the time
- Leak-free – designed not to waste water
- May have some issues with trigger jamming – although usually works fine
- Flow control only locks in two positions – doesn’t give you full customizability
6. LUFENG 2020 UPGRADE Garden Showers 9 Adjustable Patterns Hose Spray Gun
For people who don’t mind paying a little more for something sturdy and reliable, this spray gun from Lufeng could be just the thing. It features a metal body that is strong and resistant to corrosion, so this gun should last longer than any plastic versions.
Furthermore, it boasts nine different spray modes, which is among the best we’ve seen. We appreciate the soft grip, and it includes a clip to lock the trigger so you don’t need to keep it pressed when you’re using it.
That said, the lock is just a small and slightly flimsy piece of metal, so you’ll need to be careful it doesn’t fall off and get lost.
Also, we would have preferred it to come with instructions that explain the various features, although most people will be able to work everything out for themselves.
To summarise, this is the kind of thing that will appeal to the kind of person who prefers higher quality tools and who doesn’t mind paying a little bit extra to get their hands on them. And if that includes you, this spray gun should be high on your list of possibilities.
- Metal construction – a heavy-duty option
- Corrosion-resistant – for a longer life
- 9 spray patterns – among the best we’ve seen
- Multiple internal O-rings – to prevent leaking
- Soft grip – well-designed and comfortable
- Trigger lock a little flimsy – and may fall off
- No instructions – you have to work everything out yourself
7. Karcher 2.645-266.0 16.7 x 56.5 x 14.8 cm Multi-Spray Gun
Sometimes, the best option is to keep things as simple as possible, and if you’re the kind of person who doesn’t like to overcomplicate things unnecessarily, this spray gun is for you.
You can adjust the spray mode by turning the barrel, which is made of rubber to make it easy to grip, even with wet hands. There’s also a trigger lock so you don’t need to hold it all the time while watering your garden.
Since it only has three spray modes, some people might see this as a limitation – but many people find they only use a few of the available modes anyway, even when there are many more, so this shouldn’t put you off buying it.
Also, we might point out that it feels a little cheap, although at this kind of low price point, it’s only what you’d expect, and for us, it isn’t a major problem.
In short, a simple, effective and inexpensive spray gun that does exactly what it was made for without any unnecessary frills, making it a great option for those who like their tools to be uncomplicated and easy to use.
- Simple yet effective design – no need to overcomplicate things
- Trigger lock – so you don’t need to hold it down
- Rubber barrel – easy to turn, even with wet hands
- Inexpensive option – no need to spend more than necessary
- Variable power – will help avoid damaging your plants when watering
- Feels a little cheap – although does its job perfectly
- Only 3 spray options – but fine for most jobs
8. FANHAO Garden Hose Spray Gun
This hose spray gun from Fanhao is a little different from most other options in that it doesn’t have specific spray modes but rather allows you to adjust the spray infinitely from mist to jet through everything in between.
We like the strong metal construction that ensures it will last a long time. It’s also comfortable to hold and is designed to be free of drips and leaks. Furthermore, it boasts a stylish look, making it more attractive than most generic plastic versions.
The main drawback here is that this spray gun doesn’t let you adjust the power – so if you need to water more delicate plants, you may find yourself blasting them out of the ground.
Otherwise, the only other downside is the price since it’s not the cheapest model available. However, we’re sure most people won’t mind paying a bit more for something this durable and well-designed, and if that’s what you want, it’s an option that should appeal.
- Metal construction – rugged and durable
- Comfortable rubber grip – easy to hold securely
- Adjustable spray mode – infinitely variable between mist and jet
- Classy design – looks stylish and attractive
- Drip- and leak-free – well designed to save water
- Difficult to deliver a gentle spray – not possible to adjust power
- Not the cheapest – but a solid, quality item
9. Draper 25342 7 Pattern Aluminium Spray Gun
This spray gun from well-known brand Draper has an aluminium body that is resistant to rust and corrosion, while the handle is made of rubber, offering you a comfortable and secure grip while you use it.
It boasts seven different spray modes, allowing you to choose the best one for the job you’re working on. However, having said that, you might find some of them less useful, and you’ll probably end up only using two or three most of the time.
Also, one of the main downsides here is that there’s no trigger lock mechanism, so you have to keep the trigger pressed the whole time to keep water flowing.
These are not major flaws, however, and if you’re looking for a simple and reliable spray gun that represents great value for money, this is an option that should be of interest – and at this kind of low price, you can hardly go wrong.
- 7 different spray modes – offers plenty of versatility
- Easy to adjust – simply turn the end
- Aluminium body – resistant to rust and corrosion
- Great low price – hard to beat for value
- Comfortable rubber handle – easy to grip securely
- No flow lock – have to keep the handle squeezed to operate
- Some patterns not useful – you’ll probably only need a couple of them
10. Onarway Garden Hose Spray Gun
To finish, here’s another budget-friendly hose spray gun, this time from Onarway. It offers eight different spray modes, giving you plenty of customisability over how water is delivered, and there’s a water flow control knob too, so you won’t use more than you need.
The pack comes with all the necessary accessories you’ll need to attach and use it. We also appreciate the trigger lock feature and the comfortable handle that helps make it easy and practical to hold and use.
The only complaints we have are very minor. Some people might find the water pressure it delivers can be a little low – but this also depends on the water pressure coming from your tap.
Also, you might find that it will start leaking if you leave it outside in freezing weather. However, this is a common problem due to the fact that water expands when it freezes – and it can be avoided simply by not leaving it outside in winter.
These issues aside, this is another solid option that sells for a very attractive price and that will do everything you need it to. So if you just need an inexpensive option and don’t need anything too fancy, this could be a great pick.
- 8 different spray modes – for any watering and spraying jobs
- Water flow control knob – allows you to save water
- Rubber non-slip grip – easy and comfortable to hold
- Includes all necessary accessories – no need to buy anything separately
- Leak-free – doesn’t waste water
- May break if left outside in cold weather – although this is a common issue
- Might not provide great power – depending on your water pressure
If you’re looking for a hose spray gun for your garden, you’re probably wondering about the kind of features you should pay attention to when making up your mind. So let’s have a look at this now.
One of the things that distinguishes one spray gun from another is the number of spray modes they offer.
With more spray modes, you have more possibilities to adapt the way water is delivered depending on the job. This means you can choose a delicate mist for watering your flowers but a powerful jet when you need to wash the car.
Some guns offer up to nine options – some people might think this is great, but on the other hand, many will find they only use two or three, so you need to think about whether having more modes is important to you.
A trigger lock allows you to lock the gun in the ‘on’ position, so you won’t need to squeeze it the whole. This will be easier on your hands, and this could be an important feature for people with arthritis or weak hands.
Flow control allows you to select the amount of water that is being delivered, allowing you to conserve water if you don’t need 100%.
There are different mechanisms for this. Some only give you one or two positions, allowing you to select between 100% and 50%, for example. Others allow you to adjust the gun to deliver as much or as little as you need.
Build quality and durability
Make sure the gun you choose is sturdy and well-built, especially if you hope to be using it for more than a year or two.
Choosing one with a metal body and metal components will ensure greater longevity, but at the same time will cost more. Brass fittings are the most durable – but they are also the most expensive option.
Handle material and comfort
You should make sure the handle is comfortable and easy to grip. If it is uncomfortable, it will cause fatigue in your hand, and if it is not easy to grip, it will be easier to drop.
Finally, make sure any gun is compatible with your hose – because it’s no good getting it home and then realising you can’t use it!
Lots of great options to choose from
As you can see, when it comes to spray guns, there is no shortage of options, and many of them are of good quality and very competitively priced.
If you’ve decided you need a new hose spray gun for your garden but are having trouble picking the right one, any of the versions in our review would be a great place to start your search.